For the final scene, after my last render of it, I decided that the lighting could use some improvement from the basic stage it was at. So I looked into different lighting solutions and tutorials and came across this tutorial. I really liked how the program set the lighting depending on the time of day […]Read more "Hansel & Gretel – Final Scene and Lighting experiments"
For CIU and Final Project, Sianna Choc, Gloria Chung and I have been developing a zine that aims to positively represent LGBTQ+ individuals and place them in relatable situations. The goal is that people viewing the zine will be able to identify with the LGBTQ+ individuals within the illustrations even if they don’t identify within […]Read more "Tourmaline Zine – Project Plan"
I successfully modelled and textured the candy house for my Hansel and Gretel scene! 🙂 And with that done, I was ready to create the final scene for my 3d assets! To create the final scene, I used a few planes to make the background and did some very quick drawings to represent the forest […]Read more "Hansel and Gretel – Cottage and Final Scene"
For CIU this Trimester, My group and I (otherwise known as Zine Pals), had to organise a system for our file sharing so that we could all access each other’s files whenever we needed. And also so that each of us had access to the research and information that we all had collected. To do […]Read more "Technical Frameworks for Collaborative Work"
Efficient modular workflows are important in making things faster and easier for designers of characters and scenes in film and game. It was also something that I needed to consider in order to complete all of my specialisation as quickly as possible, mainly, the characters. When creating the characters I made sure that the two […]Read more "Efficiency of Design & Final Modelling – Hansel and Gretel"
Texturing models for games and movies has always been a huge task, requiring mountains of work to complete diffuse maps, normal maps etc for the models. Not to mention, the different versions of these maps that have to be created for the different environments and lighting conditions that each material and different part of the […]Read more "PBR (Physical Based Rendering) and How its Changing the Industry"
The Cave in the Sky project was a project that was very daunting in the beginning, however at the start I believed I’d find a way to enjoy it and create work for it. Interested in perhaps what the art side of the project would be, and the kind’ve work I thought i’d be creating, […]Read more "CITS – Assistant Art Lead"