Efficient modular workflows are important in making things faster and easier for designers of characters and scenes in film and game. It was also something that I needed to consider in order to complete all of my specialisation as quickly as possible, mainly, the characters.
When creating the characters I made sure that the two children would have a lot of similarities and that the two versions of the witch would also have a lot of similarities so that creating the base versions of the models would be quick, and also easy to modify after creating them.
For the children, I made them both look all but identical. The biggest differences in them (other than their textures), was their hair and clothing. This meant that the creation of these character’s base models could be the same. For the original base models, I created a simple model sheet, and modelled accordingly.
And after I completed the base, I simply edited the model sheet to include the hair and clothes and then I modelled off the base models to create their final models!
I went through the same process for the witch and her different dress designs!