For the final scene, after my last render of it, I decided that the lighting could use some improvement from the basic stage it was at. So I looked into different lighting solutions and tutorials and came across this tutorial. I really liked how the program set the lighting depending on the time of day […]Read more "Hansel & Gretel – Final Scene and Lighting experiments"
I successfully modelled and textured the candy house for my Hansel and Gretel scene! 🙂 And with that done, I was ready to create the final scene for my 3d assets! To create the final scene, I used a few planes to make the background and did some very quick drawings to represent the forest […]Read more "Hansel and Gretel – Cottage and Final Scene"
Efficient modular workflows are important in making things faster and easier for designers of characters and scenes in film and game. It was also something that I needed to consider in order to complete all of my specialisation as quickly as possible, mainly, the characters. When creating the characters I made sure that the two […]Read more "Efficiency of Design & Final Modelling – Hansel and Gretel"
Creating the Hansel and Gretel Models was something I was nervous about at first, however once I got stuck into the work, I completed it rather quickly! All models for the final scene are created now 🙂 Now they just need unwraps and textures before I place them in all together! Modelling the characters was […]Read more "Hansel and Gretel – Modelling"
For my specialisation this tri i’ve decided to create some 3d assets that will be lowpoly and designed for the fairytale, Hansel and Gretel. The idea is that although the characters will be low-poly they will be textured with bright, detailed textures which will make them appear more detailed than they are. For the start […]Read more "Applying Research to Design"
The final palette and composition was decided for the painting and all that was left was to actually paint the scene! For this painting I had to use some slightly different techniques. Because the character in the scene didn’t already have a lineart and colour, when I blew up the thumbnail to final size and […]Read more "Concept Project Pt. 8"
After my final design for Sloth was completed I needed to start thinking about the background next. However I also needed to think about the posing of the character. When completing Wrath and drawing the lineart for his final pose I hadn’t taken into consideration how difficult it would be to create the scene around […]Read more "Concept Project Pt. 7"