For my specialisation this tri i’ve decided to create some 3d assets that will be lowpoly and designed for the fairytale, Hansel and Gretel. The idea is that although the characters will be low-poly they will be textured with bright, detailed textures which will make them appear more detailed than they are. For the start […]Read more "Applying Research to Design"
It’s been a while since i’ve made a blog, sorry about that! I haven’t been sure about what to post and what not to and then kept forgetting to post at all. But I’m ready to pick up the slack haha. Recently the studio classes at college were all assigned to work on a piece […]Read more "Cave in the Sky Project Work"
The final palette and composition was decided for the painting and all that was left was to actually paint the scene! For this painting I had to use some slightly different techniques. Because the character in the scene didn’t already have a lineart and colour, when I blew up the thumbnail to final size and […]Read more "Concept Project Pt. 8"
After my final design for Sloth was completed I needed to start thinking about the background next. However I also needed to think about the posing of the character. When completing Wrath and drawing the lineart for his final pose I hadn’t taken into consideration how difficult it would be to create the scene around […]Read more "Concept Project Pt. 7"
For my cultural studies class, we had to complete a creative project that had to do with one of the social sobujects we studied this trimester. Me and two of my friends decided to work together to create a zine that depicted characters that presented themselves in ways that presented themselves as genders other than […]Read more "Gender Presentation Zine"
The next section of my project, essentially mimics the first half of it. The next character I began to design was Sloth, and I would be following the same steps I used to create my final Wrath illustration. However for Sloth I had to skip the first initial Silhouette step. That week I had been […]Read more "Concept Project Pt.6"
This trimester, I collaborated with a games group to help create assets for their game In My Image. The art style for the game was to be inspired by Steven Universe. Here are the final backgrounds and assets I created for them.Read more "Games Project – In My Image"